Over the five weeks of the Season of Creation, we will reflect on a topic that binds us tightly to creation – food, a gift from Earth that not only sustains us, but links us with unknown sisters and brothers around the world.
This season we will explore:
- Industrial food production: turning food into a commodity
- Processed foods: their impact on the health and livelihoods of people around the world
- Palm oil: a substance we encounter daily but maybe never heard of, but one that has serious negative impacts on many poor countries in the global south
- Food waste I: shopping to avoid waste, reducing food waste at home
- Food waste II: food dating, composting
Go here for more information: https://www.sistersofmercy.org/get-involved/advocate-for-social-justice/...